Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fun Painted Canvas and Vinyl Project

Just popping in to show off some of the fun projects I have been working on the past week. It has been a nice little break from sewing. I took the lettering idea from here on pinterest, which actually can be traced back to an Etsy shop called ColorbeeLove. Looks like the shop has a few different variations of the one I used, and they've got some other cute vinyl stuff too.

Anyway, i had a blank canvas and some paint, so I painted the stripes on, added the vinyl, and hot-glued ribbon to either side at the top to hang. I love how it turned out and can't wait to hang it in Lilly's room!

I also made this one for a fun home decoration- not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but it was still fun to do! I used a chandelier stencil for this. I used the same canvas board that I used for the above. I painted it black, used silver metallic glitter paint to do the stencil, and hot-glued matching ribbon. Check it out:
Easy peasy, and now I have a few more things to add to some bare walls in my house!

*K*


2 comments:

  1. I love your signs!!! Did you figure out that program I gave you? It is a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tylynn!Yes! I did figure it out- that is how I got the vinyl for the sign I made. I went a little vinyl crazy for about a week after that! Let's just say my Christmas gift are about done haha!

    ReplyDelete