Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pinterest Review: Stain Remover

Stain Remover Review

I am so excited about this Pinterest review. I tried it out a couple days ago, and was really bummed at first because I thought it didn't work. The post comes from Jill at One Good Thing by Jillee. She found an acclaimed "miracle stain remover". She was able to remove those nasty armpit stains you get in shirts with this method. The exciting part for me was when I read on and saw that it is supposed to work on grease stains as well. I have been looking for a long time for a way to get out set-in grease stains. I have this red shirt that I LOVE. But recently, when I have put it on for the day, I have noticed later, usually when I am already at work and can't change, that there is a huge round grease stain in my belly area. It is heart-sinking-ly embarrassing. Thus the reason why I wanted this stain remover to work so bad. I also have some t-shirts I wanted to try it on. Check out the results:


    
Armpit stains- gross
I don't have a picture of this shirt after. This is when I thought the stain remover didn't work. I didn't really notice any change after this was laundered, as well as the 4 other shirts I tried it on. But don't stop reading just yet! 

Here are the results on the grease stain:
  
Before
Are you on the edge of your seat now? You should be! I pulled this out of the dryer just this morning and I am ecstatic about what I found! ....Drum roll....

NO MORE GREASE STAINS!!
Seriously, the stains are GONE like a freight train. I examined it in different lights and moved it so the light would reflect off of it. It really has no more stains. 

Here is the reason why I think the pit stains didn't come out of my other shirts. I think I would mix up the solution x4 of what it calls for, because I was scraping the container to get enough and it was a stretch. I also didn't let those shirts soak for very long. After seeing the results on the grease stain, I would definitely use this stain remover again. 

*K*

1 comment:

  1. I used this on pit stains a few months ago and was impressed with how well it worked. I definitely agree with mixing up a bigger batch, you'll need more than you think. Now I need to find a grease stain to test it on...

    ReplyDelete