Friday, June 29, 2012

Recipe Review


Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa Review


It was my turn to cook. I wanted to try a new recipe, but didn't want to go out and buy anything for it. Neither did I want to spend 4 hours cooking, because that is really hard to do with a 3 month old baby. So I found this recipe for Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa. It turned out so good.

The recipe is originally from myrecipes.com. I pinned it on my RECIPES and FOOD ideas board on Pinterest.

I had pretty big pieces of chicken to work with so I cut them in half. They were still pretty thick, so I had to cook them double the time to make sure they cooked through. I also used a thermometer to make sure they were cooked. (I'm always nervous cooking chicken!)

This recipe took me about 45 minutes to prepare. New recipes always take me a few minutes longer because I go back and forth many times reading the recipe to make sure I get the portions right!

I had to make 6 servings instead of 4. So I increased the portions by 1/2.

The first bite was amazing. The flavors were so natural. Now I'll be honest- I hate tomatoes. The salsa makes the dish here and is of course made with fresh tomatoes. Well I always like the first bite, then have to remove the tomatoes. Well that wasn't really possible with this dish. So I mostly ate the avocados with the chicken. Besides the tomatoes, it was really delicious.

I cooked for my in-laws and they love tomatoes, and they loved the dinner. So if you like tomatoes, this dinner is for you!

                                                   *B*                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment